Friday, April 11, 2014

Scott Morgan: Family Law Attorney

Scott Morgan has practiced divorce and family law since 1994 and is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is the founder of the Morgan Law Firm which has multiple offices throughout the state of Texas. Scott was kind enough to grant us a brief interview and answer a few questions about his practice. Scott Morgan Family Law

Can you tell us a little about your educational background and how you became an attorney?

I have a B.S. in Business from LSU. Immediately upon graduation I attended law school and acquired a law degree from the University of Houston. Wanting to work for myself, I opened my own practice as a solo attorney upon getting a bar card.
With so many different types of law to practice why is it that you chose family law? Have you ever considered practicing a different type of law?

Earlier in my career I handled cases in a number of different areas. I did some criminal law, landlord-tenant cases, probate, personal injury and other general civil litigation cases. But when I began practicing family law firm Ottawa I realized I had found my calling. Helping people when they were going through such a difficult time just felt like the kind of work I needed to be doing.
Given your experience, what would you say makes a great attorney and how would they differ from an average one? If you had to pin it down to just one skill, what skill is most essential to being an effective family law attorney?

An intimate knowledge of the law (both statutory and case law) and an understanding of how courts typically deal with the various issues that come up. A great attorney is one that knows their area of law inside and out and is passionate about helping their clients. For them it is not just job it is a calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment